Monday, January 9, 2017

London Days, Eternal Craze

This week we have the awesome and splendiferous Namrata Praveen share her awesome music with us. Namrata and Sudhir have been friends since their time in London in 2013. A lawyer by profession, she finds ways to spice up her life by listening to and recommending exceptional off-beat music to fellow music- lovers. Here are her songs this week.




Hey Spudding (Sudhir),
I stuck with your alliterative theme for lack of better idea.

Here is Dizzy Gillespie's riff on Mas Que Nada. I heard this song often as a child and it never fails to put me in a good mood. Listening to it now with my eyes closed puts me a million miles away from grey London. 

Mas Que Nada : Dizzy Gillespie



Next is Jain's Makeba. She had a really multicultural upbringing and I think that's reflected in her music. The video is fun as well and I'm forever grateful to her for introducing me to the inimitable Miriam Makeba. 

Makeba : Jain 




Hope your listeners have a lovely Monday :)

- Namrata

No comments:

Post a Comment