Monday, May 23, 2016

Full Moon Nights

This week, our good friend Joe has transported us a few decades into the past with two classics. Out at sea presently, his music choices reflect the brilliance of his surroundings and fond memories of home. Thanks a lot for sharing these great tracks.
Looking forward to seeing you when you're back.  
:)


Dear Tanisha and Sudhir,
Sending this to you from 15 S 060 E in the Indian Ocean. These are my 2 choices whilst I think of home and miss you guys. 
I'm sure hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do. 
Much love,
Joe Perez

The 1st time I listened to this song was when I got my LP player and set it up. All I had were 3 records and one of them was the album American Beauty. I remember placing the stylus onto the record and immediately the speakers rang out the soulful intro to  "Box of Rain" by The Grateful Dead. There was no turning back from then on. I must have listened to the entire album end to end at least 20 times.

Box of Rain : Grateful Dead




Tonight's a full moon, and out at sea I wait for nights like this to and just soak it all in. Made me start humming frank Sinatra's Fly Me to the Moon which then made me think about home and especially Miss. Susan Pereira who is also very fond of this song and we dance to it often.

Fly me to the Moon : Frank Sinatra 




No comments:

Post a Comment