Monday, March 7, 2016

Stomp and Holler

Apparently that is a genre of music. And apparently "Indie" is way too broad a genre. Stomp and Holler includes Alabama Shakes, The Magnetic Zeros, Iron and Wine and Bon Iver and the likes.

Came across this song this evening in a frantic attempt to find a song to share. Remember the song 'Ho Hey'? It was so long ago and then after a couple more singles, this band went off the radar. Well they are back and it seems like they've been working on a new album. Stomp and Holler-- couldn't find a proper definition of the genre. Maybe it's literally stomping and hollering that make up the song and subsequently making the listener tap their feet and holler along. Quite fun I think :)

- Tanisha





I was playing this song for a friend when she said, "I wish all men sounded like this!" The uniqueness of this sound (both music and vocals) is what draws you to it. It reminds me of the same feeling I get when I listen to Hozier. Must be on the lookout for more like this, except hopefully with some less ominous titles that could serve as a rough start to a week. :P Enjoy though.

-Sudhir



1 comment:

  1. I am hoping your definition becomes the mainstream definition. Much like our attempts to mainstream the word 'mephobics'

    ReplyDelete