Monday, February 29, 2016

Instead of the Oscars...


Yo Sudhir!


Happy Oscars! ppft. :/ 
Remember the time we loved the Oscars? The time of the year I'd watch ALL the movies nominated, then we'd make lists of our picks and we'd talk about nothing else. Haha, what a fail this year! I barely managed to watch all the trailers for the nominations and today I listened to all the song and score nominations and couldn't find anything I liked. I then went on to listen to nominations and wins from previous years and almost decided to share Harry Connick Jr.'s With a Wink and a Smile from Sleepless in Seattle in 1994. But there is nothing new or uncommon about that song. So, I give up. 

So I moved to Grammy winners. Alabama Shakes won 4 Grammys this year! So much talent they have- Brittney Howard with her incredible vocals. The blues rock sort or reminds me of The Black Keys. I picked an older song of theirs for this week - this was on the soundtrack of Silver Linings Playbook (hey look, some Oscar reference) :P




Sudhir's Pick

Hey hey! So our Oscar things didn't work out as well as we would have hoped. Oscar time for me is usually like Christmas for me however, this year was just super rough all around glad I still get to watch it with you.

So in lieu of an Oscar song, I am sending you a song that reminds me of one of my favourite bands I have seen live. AG Silver did a killer set at Concordia in 2010 and has remained a favourite. Enjoy! I know I do. And so did a lot of Cobbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment