Monday, March 28, 2016

Musical Interlude: March


This month, our talented friend Deepak is sharing two of his favourites for the blog.

Deepak has loved music from as long as he can remember. While in college, he was part of an instrumental fusion band called Srishti. He's had the pleasure of playing with many musicians in Bangalore. He's even composed the tracks for a few online TV commercials.



Bridging the Gap - NaS (feat. Olu Dara)

'This song is so cool!' This was the first thing that popped into my head when I heard this during Creed. I'm sure many would have heard this one before, but it's so hard to find a fusion of hard core blues and hip hop. The lyrics are super neat if you're into hip hop, but I couldn't get enough of the mixing. 




Down the Road - C2C

I'm a sucker for mixing/scratching and the blues. This is such a feel good song and can pump any day of yours. I love the intricacy of the scratching; kind of on the verge of goosebumps when the drops kick in.




No comments:

Post a Comment