Monday, October 12, 2015

Some Indie for October


Hey yo!
By now I feel like you know my music tastes well enough that I do not need to explain why I like this song. But in the interest of record- keeping and because a few people actually read this every week, I thought I would elaborate. 'Feels Like the End' literally has everything I like in a song - brilliant lyrics (which make me question my sanity), deep powerful voice and that beautiful beautiful piano taking a lead. Bring on the long reflective times on the balcony!
-Sudhir




Hey, 
I'm not sure that you listen to enough folk music, so here's one that is as folk-y as you can get. A banjo taking the lead harmony, lyrics that take you back reminiscing childhood days and home, and a gradual crescendo of tempo towards the end of the song are all components that make it a great track. They toured with Mumford and Sons and Ben Howard, so you can definitely see the line of influence. Have a good week.
-Tanisha




1 comment:


  1. I am very impressed that you liked a song with 'Pompeii' in the title which wasn't a Bastielle song. You are right. I do not listen to enough folk. This song makes me change my mind. Trippy video too. Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete