Sunday, March 1, 2015

So Much Soul

Happy Monday!

Tanisha's Pick

Marvin Gaye left his voice behind. Jacob Banks found it, added some techno, hiphop, reggae, soul and a little rock and compiled his first EP, The Monologue. Such a work of art! 

I listened to his most recent piece, Move With You nonstop the whole of Friday and it is so so catchy. If you are in need for a peppy tune to get yourself awake and on your feet this Monday morning, this one won't let you down. I'm surprised this one hasn't reached the radio yet. Somebody make this guy famous soon!

But my choice for today is his track Worthy. So much soul! I can't even count how many genres he has tried to merge into one track. Along with the powerful lyrics, the song is hard to fault.




Sudhir's Pick

Much like a lot of music, I was introduced to this song through a friend. While I have never hear either Gregory Porter or Laura Mvula before, I am now a confirmed fan. As always the soulful lyrics being belted out in the form of Porter's raspy voice is pure gold and lingers long after the song has been on repeat several times. 



No comments:

Post a Comment