Sunday, March 15, 2015

Summer Is Here

Tanisha's Pick

I discovered Milky Chance only a few months ago. So in love with the beats, the vibe and his hair. I think that Flashed Junk Mind has such a summer groove to it. It makes an excellent soundtrack to the Sunday afternoon I spent slacklining with a bunch of friends. Although I think the music video may have slightly influenced this opinion. :)




Sudhir's Pick

While songs like Yesterday, Help and Hey, Jude! continue to be sung (and resung) and have found a place in our collective memory as 'classic Beatles', today I wanted to highlight a lesser known tune. I discovered this one last week. I hate to disagree with the songwriter, the great John Lennon himself who said he was ashamed by the song's "abominable lyrics". The song's appeal lies in it's rawness. Lennon fully captures a feeling claimed to be felt by most of humanity, but giving it a twist you would not expect. More about this song can be found here.  And of course, below is It's Only Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment