Monday, June 13, 2016

Monday Musicals

Hey,

I know the Tony's don't come with the same anticipation and excitement that the Oscars come with, but I do love musicals! I've never watched the Tony awards beginning to end, but NPH has brought some pizzazz to the show with his exceptional opening acts and this year James Corden put up quite a show too. 


I had heard of Lin-Manuel Miranda's Hamilton, but it was only recently that I started reading about the show. An amalgamation of Americal history and hip-hop could only result in a musical masterpiece. 


Was listening to the soundtrack today- sooo much awesome-ness!

Sudhir- let's watch this sometime please. 

Alexander Hamilton : Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)





Hey hey!

So I was thinking of sending you something from Avenue Q which is one of my favourite contemporary musicals but I figured that I would try to be a little unique. This song is from Chicago which is still one of my favourite musicals of all times. The Twist is that this is an all male performance of Cell Block Tango. Hope you like it.

Also, listen to the Avenue Q soundtack if you haven't. It is great. I know where it is playing in London. Will happily take you any time.

-S

Cell Block Tango

1 comment: