Monday, August 31, 2015

When Mondays come around too fast...

Sudhir's Pick

I have been thinking about sport a lot of late. Many hours of my child hood were spent in front of a television watching tennis, cricket, basketball and almost every weekend, Formula1. While the end credits of each sporting event had an exhilarating song to match the sport none has perfectly captured the essence of a sport as much as Alistair Griffin's Just Drive which was used in the Formula 1 2010-11 season. With exceptional lyrics stemming from his songwriting career, the song perfectly captures the adrenaline that only Formula 1 can bring. I would highly recommend ALL his other songs. He is high up on my favourite singer/songwriters.




Tanisha's Pick

Weekends can get busy and then Mondays come around too fast. I was on the train Monday evening and I really wanted to listen to something quiet. Something unlike the usual happy-jumpy song that I want on a Monday. This song by The Cinnamatic Orchestra and Patrick Watson came to mind. It would have been perfect if I had my iPod. 

This morning I started listening to other music by Patrick Watson- oh wow! Such lovely lovely music. Must download them soon. So many choices now of what to post here, but I will stick to my first choice. But in case you want a taste of his other music- listen to this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment