Monday, August 10, 2015

Lucky or Cursed?

Tanisha's Pick

My friend Bethany and I started talking about music on a 7 hour train ride, scrolling through each others iPods and discussing favourites. She suggested I listen to Agnes Obel. I almost forgot about it until I found the memo on my phone a couple weeks ago. 

What beautiful music - somewhere in the middle of Daughter and Lana Del Ray, yet completely unique in her own style. Perfectly soothing, flawless arrangements and just as good live as in their studio recordings- so much praise for them. 





Sudhir's Pick

Please be careful to read this artist's name as RYAN Adams and not the Canadian who had a pretty good summer of 69. Their music sounds nothing alike - both good but both very very different.

I accidentally came across this song last week and it stayed with me. It is hauntingly beautiful and forces introspection when Adams asks you

I don’t remember, were we wild and young
All that’s faded into memory
I feel like somebody I don’t know
Are we really who we used to be
Am I really who I was

Definitely worth a listen… or several… in a row. You will be the lucky one.

No comments:

Post a Comment