Sunday, June 28, 2015

X Ambassadors

Formally known as the Ambassadors, the X Ambassadors are a four man band with some great talent mixing funk, RnB into their alternative rock base.Their styles vary so much with each track on their EP's and their singles, it's quite possible to have love-hate feelings for their music. 

The band was formed by 4 friends that include brothers, Sam and Casey (their pianist who is blind from birth) Harris. They've been touring the past year with Imagine Dragons and will release their album VHS out in a few days.





Sudhir's Pick

This is not something I would usually post but I couldn't help it. It is hard to explain why I like it despite their not being a depth in lyrical prowess, nor clarity in the vocals. I guess it is the strong beat which dominates the song and the anthem which it creates. Take a listen.




Tanisha's Pick


Sudhir picked his song first and I decided that I would pick a song by the X Ambassadors too. I listened to their first album Litost a while ago and loved their track Unconsolable. Listening to them again now, I've noticed that their style has changed a little bit from then. This one's my favourite from their new music- Renegades.



Picture courtesy CAVE magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment