Monday, June 1, 2015

June Tunes

Sudhir's Pick

Firstly, I need to clear the air. I haven't picked this artist because of my love for individuals who have two first names as their full names. Phew!

Even though the title of this song might imply that it is being performed by a death metal group, this guy perfectly personifies the Indie genre from the first decade of this century.  Catchy tune, variety of instruments, fun video - can't say enough good about this song. You know why?! Because "That's the way I like it."




Tanisha's Pick

I've been a bit disconnected the past two weeks. I've been travelling in North India on a project trip and it has been so amazing. I've mostly been listening to music on my iPod on the long train journeys and haven't discovered anything new to share.

This is a song I heard on a Fox Travel advertisement recently. It's so refreshing to hear good music choices on TV, even if it's just a snippet of a song. American Authors is a fairly new band, but their singles have been doing exceptionally well. With the combination of great music and great lyrics, you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment