Sunday, April 5, 2015

Fly High

Sudhir's Pick

I can take a bet that most Indians would consider Robbie Williams to be the best- known member of the erstwhile British pop sensation Take That. I did too but then I heard this tune by Gary Barlow. This guy has some serious acoclades to his name mainly due to his song- writing while still with Take That. This is one of his more recent songs as a song writer. When I first heard it, I honestly thought it was a new Mumford and Sons song with the folksy feel and powerful male solo vocals. Pleasantly surprised and very happy that I have someone new to listen to in that genre. Happy listening.




Tanisha's Pick

Heartfelt ballads and distant musings make up the lyrical bulk of Luke's music. Harmonies mildly similar to the Fleet Foxes, but unique with his stand alone guitar. His album 'The Fire Inside' released last year also includes some of the music from his previously released EPs. 

Sharing his track, "Bottled Up Tight". It's one of my favourites from the album with its simple melody combined with the strong vocals and lyrics like this - 

"I count when I can the people who walk by. Imagine their paths crossing with mine. And maybe it's true, we're part of a bloodline. But we walk like we're pretty much blind."



No comments:

Post a Comment