Monday, February 9, 2015

Let's See How Far We've Come

More than two years of music would mean at least 200 songs between the both of us. We've gone through a variety of genres and styles, but it would be way too much effort to scroll through all those Facebook messages to compile all that music. 

Here is a selection of our favourite finds from the past few months to catch you up on some good music.



TANISHA'S THREE

1. Cucurucu - Nick Mulvey 


There are many songs that have the ability to take me back to a fond memory. This is the one of them. As it plays, I instantly feel like I am on a road trip, gazing out of the window watching trees and sign posts whiz by. The video only narrows down the memory to driving along the coast. Read the poem by D.H. Lawrence here.





2. You and I - The Riptide Movement

This is one of those that I listened to so much that I would start singing the line "...we get by-yyyy, you and I..." randomly through the day. Such a fun song!
I read up that they traveled to India in 2012 and played in a few gigs in Delhi. Those lucky people in Delhi. Sigh.



3. Come As You Are - Yuna

This is definitely a favourite because of how she transformed Nirvana's song. Such a smooth voice. 






SUDHIR'S THREE

1. You Make Me - The Colour Compound

Having a large number of friends on Facebook has it's advantages. Found this one thanks to Facebook's mini-feed. It is easy listening at it's best. The song benefits from it's simplicity and hauntingly beautiful lyrics. Here is a sample:

All kinds make the world go round so 
We dont need to agree. 
Don't mean that either is better but I guess I make you you
And guess that you make me



2. Don't Give Up On Us - Menew

The most insanely awesome video I have seen in a very long time. So glad that I have never had a day like this. The song sounds like it belongs in a rock opera. It has the potential to become a universal rock anthem. Let's try to give these guy the credit they deserve.






3. In Any Other World - Mika

One of the lesser known songs by this singing/ song- writing sensation. It automatically draws you in with its soulful lyrics, continuous stream of piano and violin and of course, Mika's fantastic voice. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this already! Something to look forward to on Mondays.

    ReplyDelete