Monday, September 21, 2015

Men and Brothers

Tanisha's Pick

Who remembers the days of Grooveshark? The days before 8tracks and Soundcloud. This group was once a feature on the Grooveshark home page with their track Fear and Fallacy and I was immediately hooked. I sang the lyrics all through my college thesis "I know my time is coming..."

The song I am sharing is one of my favourites of theirs because of the lyrics and because I love the music transition at 1:48s from a slow paced to a faster foot-tapping beat. I'm reading through the lyrics wondering what excerpt to share, but the whole song is awesome, so pay attention to all the lyrics.





Sudhir's Pick

Needtobreathe is Christian rock band out of the same genre as legends such as Casting Crowns and Switchfoot. I picked this song of theirs for a two reasons - 1) It's new and awesome and 2) It has Gavin Degraw right beside them singing. The title seems appropriate for Bo and Bear Rinehart, brothers who are also lead singer and lead guitarist for the band.This song exemplifies the phenomenal range of the singer and the contemporary edge this song has. Sheer brilliance!





No comments:

Post a Comment