Sunday, August 2, 2015

We are 25!

WOAH! We are 25 episodes old! How did that happen?! It seems like just yesterday we hatched this plan to share music with the world in our own unique way. To help us celebrate we thought it would be cool to have our BIGGEST fan be a guest blogger for us. 


Delaney and Sudhir at Trafalgar Square for New Year's Eve

Sudhir had the pleasure of meeting Delaney Osborn during his year studying in London. Ranked "high up there" in his list of favourite people they took London by storm for the eleven months they knew each other including late night pub-crawls, plays at the Globe, running 5ks and 5am photowalks. During their time together they realized a shared love for several genres of music. This week we get a sampling of some of that awesome music!





Broke Royals : Strung Up in Lights


This band is actually a couple of friends of mine from college, but I didn’t listen to their music that much until this year. Once I found their first album on Spotify, though, I fell in love. This is my favorite song off that album, mostly because of the wonderful lyrics. My favorite line has to be the first one in the second verse: 


“I’ve seen every city, I’ve seen every city twice. 
But no city ever looked as good as this one does tonight.”




Mikky Ekko : Smile

It was pretty hard for me to narrow down my second choice for this post, but ultimately went with this song because it’s probably my favorite one I found this year. I love Mikky Ekko for his lyrics and alternative rock sound, but “Smile” really sold him for me because of its contrast between the music and the words. At first glace it sounds like a fun dancing song, but once you sit down and really take in what he is saying you realize just how sad it is. 


“Smile, the worst is yet to come. We’ll be lucky if we ever see the sun.”





No comments:

Post a Comment